At the request of and in collaboration with WSIS Stakeholders a repository of Women in Tech will be launched. The goal is to identify and connect women leaders and practitioners in all sectors of the ICT industry from all regions and engage them in events, forums (e.g. WSIS Forum) and activities such as various workshops, training courses, networking events, aimed at fostering a dialogue on the use of ICTs as a means for implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
• Mr. Houlin Zhao, Secretary-General, International Telecommunication Union (Opening Remarks)
• H.E. Ms. Minette Libom Li Likeng, Minister, Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, Cameroon
• H.E. Ms. Paola Vega Castillo, Minister, Ministry of Science, Technology and telecommunications, Costa Rica
• H.E. Dr. Nele Leosk, Ambassador-at-Large for Digital Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Estonia
• Dr. Mercedes Aramendia, President of the Board, Unidad Reguladora de Servicios de Comunicaciones (URSEC), Uruguay
• Ms. Paula Cobb, Head of Global Marketing, Healthcare Informatics, Philips; Member, Global Coalition on Aging
• Mr. Sampathkumar Veeraraghavan, 2021 Global Chair, IEEE Humanitarian Activities Committee (HAC); President, Brahmam Innovations
• Ms. Vidhya Y, Co-Founder and Trustee, Vision Empower
• Mr. Vala Afshar, Chief Digital Evangelist, Salesforce.